Monday, May 30, 2005
A little disappointed
Preston North End, home to American midfielder Eddie Lewis, lost today in the final of the Division 1 playoff in England for the opportunity to play in the Premiership next season.

I'm disappointed for two reasons. One, Preston North End is one of two English teams I've seen play live in England (the other being Millwall and the third being Liverpool which I saw on their tour of the US last summer) and, secondly and most importantly, Eddie Lewis played for them.

I always root for the Americans to make it good and although I like West Ham (they're the focus of the new movie Hooligans starring Frodo) I was seriously rooting for Eddie to make it back to the big time after being unceremoniously dumped by Fulham after he helped them up.

Ah, well. Maybe next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home