Tuesday, October 25, 2005
[BASA] Coach of the Year
Scaryice put up today's vote for Coach of the Year, won handily by Dom Kinnear.

Here's my vote.

Coach of the Year
===================
1: Dom Kinnear
2: Steve Nicol
3: Peter Nowak

I thought about putting Mo Johnston on the list at 3rd, but it was for regular season only and though he did get them to the playoffs, I think Bradley would have gotten them there as well. That said, I think Mo is much better for what the Metros need right now than Bradley.

Even if Il Bruce disagrees. (hat tip: Kin of Fish)

4 Comments:

Blogger D said...

I think everyone thought about Mo at 3rd. Only a few did it. Tough to justify a vote for Coach of the Year based on 5 games.

3rd for Nowak? You're killin' me man.

6:33 PM  
Blogger maradawga said...

How do you justify him over Nicol? Nicol's side are a bunch of All-Stars now but they were predicted to be second or third or even fourth in the Eastern Conference this season.

If not for Gold Cup and international duty, it's likely they run away with the Supporters' Shield.

6:58 PM  
Blogger D said...

Dawg --

It's not like DCU was predicted to run away with the East. I justify it on the basis of no Nelsen, Esky, Stewart, Hendrickson, and a failed acquisition in Guppy. He coached through all of that. Plus having to deal with baseball for the first time.

Of course, that's the beauty of these awards. We can argue about it :)

8:18 PM  
Blogger maradawga said...

I certainly think that Nowak did a great job this year (until the Freddy Fiasco) and I agree that the dropoff after Nowak to fourth place is similar to the cliff Wile E. Coyote plummets down after each failed attempt to catch the Road Runner.

I just didn't think he was better than Nicol. =)

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home