Wednesday, October 26, 2005
[BASA] Rookie of the Year
Scaryice put up today's vote for Rookie of the Year, won handily by Michael Parkhurst.

Here's my vote.

Rookie of the Year
===================
1: Chris Rolfe
2: Michael Parkhurst
3: Scott Sealy

The way I looked at it, Rolfe's performance as the only dangerous striker that Dave Sarachan decided to put on the field this year (where, oh where, has my little Chad Barrett gone?) made Rolfe the slightest of margins more impressive than Parkhurst, who certainly had a fantastic year manning the backline of the Revs. That said, I think Parkhurst had a little more help at the back than Rolfe had at the front.

Looking back, I should have put Guzan at third instead of Sealy. Man, Guzan just got dumped on this year and until he had his face broken, he kept coming back and putting in good performances. I could see Guzan with national team implications by 2010 or 2014.

2 Comments:

Blogger scaryice said...

Guzan would not have been in my top 5. He's not that great.

4:12 PM  
Blogger maradawga said...

I think he's very good, especially with that crap squad in front of him.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home