Monday, October 03, 2005
I'm not the first to get this ...
Ok, so check this out (I first saw this at Du Nord).

On Saturday this past weekend, D.C. United traveled up I-95 to face their Gotham rivals, the MetroStars. D.C. United's best player (or one of their two best players not named Freddy Adu), Christian Gómez, was suspended for acquiring too many yellow cards during recent matches. That happens all the time in soccer and isn't a big deal.

However, what happened Saturday is.

Check out this video and scroll to approximately 3:45 in (it's a 7 minute highlight reel from the game). The guy you see banging the drum in the Argentina jersey is the aforementioned Gómez who brought his entire family north to New Jersey, bought tickets to the game and proceeded to bang the drum with the supporters section (I don't know if it's Barra Brava or Screaming Eagles) going to prove that although MLS isn't one of the Big Four, there are still very cool things going on within MLS.

I swear, we're going to get there. I don't know when, but we're going to get there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous joe said...

I think he's with a few Barra there. But truthfully, the groups sort of meld together for road trips.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home