Friday, October 07, 2005
Other things besides soccer
With the Jewish holidays this week and the push to the playoffs, work has kept me from commenting on the big happenings this week: Metros dropping Bradley after the Metros completely tossed in the towel against D.C., Freddy's now-that's-what-I'm-talking-about goal and the rumors of the Siginator taking over in Cowtown.

I'll get to those, I really will.

But this weekend is Georgia - Tennessee. I know it's not soccer, but I'm so psyched for this game. And that it dovetails nicely into a night of MLS action (I really want to see the Metros - United game and see if the Metros really do look different under Johnston or if Wednesday was an illusion).

But it's Tennessee. I can't wait for us to smack to hose slack-jawled hickolian hill people back to from whence they came. Which won't be a far walk since we're in Knoxville for this one.

C'mon, Hunker Down You Hairy Dawgs!

(As an aside, this is what MLS needs and what it will get with time. I had this conversation with D (and, seriously, can I call you something other than D?) that what MLS needs is sports-hate. If someone terrorist attacked Tennessee, I'd be all for sending in troops to help cleanup ... after I thought about it for a second or two. MLS will get that, but it just takes time. I know they'll be a time, hopefully soon when they're good, where RSL fans will truly hate going up against the Rapids -- and TV won't be able to ignore it. Though Kroeneke might be able to, since Alteetude has ignored the 'Pids all season anyway. This is a really long parenthetical.)

4 Comments:

Blogger paulwesterdawg said...

thanks for the blogroll link!

i'm going to use the terrorism attack line at my tailgate tomorrow.

3:55 PM  
Blogger maradawga said...

No problem! The phrase "Meteor Game" has entered the lexicon of all my friends.

4:20 PM  
Blogger scaryice said...

Personally, I've been distracted from soccer with the White Sox and their incredible season.

And you don't need a reason to hate the other teams. Just hate anyway. Hey, it works for the racist and intolerant people of the world, why not us? Ok, maybe that's a bad example. But I hate whoever my team's playing, just for the fun of it.

9:54 PM  
Blogger D said...

As for the name D... the reason I blog under my first initial is, well, my first name is the last name of a certain well known MLS and USMNT player. I felt strange that people might assume any sort of connection, so I just truncated it. But that's the story.

You can call me Al.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home