Monday, November 07, 2005
Perhaps we're doing it all wrong ...
Sure, Los Angeles and New England are in MLS Cup and I should spend some time breaking down the game. I'm sure I will. But that's not really why I started this blog in the first place.

Let's look at a thought: how to build attendance at games and interest in the league in the U.S. There are two common thoughts which we've discussed here: build through team loyalty or through interest in league operations.

Apparently, there's a third way that I never considered: have team cheerleaders gain national notoriety for having sex in a public bathroom and then punching out the people that tattled on them.

From the ESPN report:

In the police report, witnesses claimed Thomas and Keathley were having sex with each other in a stall when other patrons grew angry that the two were taking so long in the bathroom.

Another woman waiting to use the bathroom got into an argument with the two, and Thomas hit that person in the face, according to details of the report posted on TampaBay10.com, the CBS TV affiliate's Web site.
I didn't realize that was even possible but there was so much traffic to Panthers.com this morning that the site crashed. It's on the front page of ESPN.com.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the ChivaGirls and Metrogirls really have to step it up.

1 Comments:

Blogger D said...

The last thing I want is the MetroGirls stepping it up. Shiver...

Glad to see you made it back to NY okay.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home