Thursday, January 12, 2006
Head scratcher ...
So it appears that Columbus is trading Chris Henderson to the Metros for Tim Ward. Which begs the question: I had pretty much decided that Columbus was going to trade up to the No. 1 spot to take Marvell Wynne.

But with Frankie on the right and Tim Ward on the left, do they need Marvell? I doubt Chivas would take Marvell (although what do I know about chivas with Bob Bradley there now -- Wynne would be an excellent wingback in a 3-5-2) and if they don't (David Arvizu isn't in the draft pool), the draft could get very interesting.

That said, Tim Ward is doing wonders for me with PSV in Championship Manager, and Chris Henderson is ancient, so even in the real world I don't understand this trade. Ward was the best option at left back for Metro last year, and is going to be a starter in this league for quite a while (if he doesn't go to Europe), so I don't see how giving him up helps Mo win a championship this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home