Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Gaste el dinero, Chivas
I like Chivas USA, I really do. They're one of my favorite teams to watch because I like the way they play and, admittedly, I want to see them succeed.

But the following occured to me yesterday while Las Chivas were announcing the acquisition of US International John O'Brien at the Home Depot Center.

  • Claudio Suarez: Mexican International

  • 'Paco' Palencia: Mexican International

  • Juan Pablo Garcia: Mexican International

  • John O'Brien: U.S. International

  • Ante Razov: Making at least $200k

  • Brad Guzan: US national team player pool


  • With five internationals and at least one more guy making the max ... how are they even close to under the salary 'budget'?

    6 Comments:

    Blogger D said...

    Guzan's making probably nothing, but you have a point on the rest.

    11:28 AM  
    Blogger incendiarymind said...

    I thought a couple of the Mexican internations were "on loan" from papa Chivas.

    3:22 PM  
    Blogger D said...

    Suarez also apparently makes much less than 100K. Which was news to me.

    4:00 PM  
    Anonymous nico said...

    There are so many ways to bend the rules to meet the salary cap that it isn't even funny. I personally don't know enough about these guys to speculate on the kind of cashish they're making, but I know it isn't a problem to get around the cap.

    2:09 AM  
    Blogger Eric Salsbery said...

    Alot of us over here in RSL-Land have been wondering pretty much the same thing.
    Looks like the Goats are one of the new "Golden Children" of the league.

    Seems again, that some teams are MORE equal than others.

    But it will just make RSL's "eventual" rise to the top that much more enjoyable.

    10:55 AM  
    Blogger D said...

    Did someone make "eventual" a synonym for "glacial" when I wasn't looking?

    Hah! Cheap shot at RSL where they aren't expecting it. I am so mature...

    12:36 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home